At our first store, after finding a projector screen, he proclaimed "Wow! That is such a good deal! I have no use for it but feel like I should buy it just because its such a good deal!!" I giggled and told him that is how people end up on hoarders. We soon moved on, two thrift stores and an antique store later our trip was complete. We walked away with an old Singer sewing machine, dog stairs for the little dogs [which I heavily sanitized/bleached], and doilies [which is actually why the hunt began in the first place].
I find that I usually have to be on a mission when I head out on these adventures, otherwise my bag lady tendencies could easily lead me to hoarderville. Things that I am ALWAYS looking for:
1. Old band T-Shirts [specifically Simon Says, Far, & Deftones - they all have significance to Z]
2. Fine China of Japan in Suzanne [I have full service for 12 - which is an estate sale find- but am always on the look out for random pieces]
3. Vintage Jewelry & Vintage Handbags.
4. OLD solid wood chests [I have a serious obsession with trunks, once again channeling the bag lady in me]
5. Samsonite Train Cases [I have more than enough, but its fun to look]
I am in the middle of my doily project and will post soon!