Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Herringbone Baby Quilt!

It seems that I have been on a quilt making kick the past few months! The most recent one being a herringbone baby quilt for my sister, it is her first baby and the first baby in our family so I wanted to make something special and absolutely LOVE the herringbone/chevron quilts. [I learned that the difference is when the color/pattern is broken up- if the row was all one color it would be chevron - who knew?!] 
I searched the web and found all sorts of different tutorials but this one at The Crafty Cupboard- It is a Quick Herringbone Quilt Tutorial. I followed it exactly and it was very simple!

My strips all cut out!

And organized...

Starting to sew them together [this was a bit confusing for me :)]

and the final product! I absolutely love it!!

Just an upclose...

I did the actual quilting on my machine and did the binding by hand!


14 comments:

  1. Love it! You are so talented my dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this turned out so lovely! i really need to learn to sew!!
    -- jackiejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is beautiful. I have a sewing machine and no idea how to use it, although I intend to make a blanket or cushion covers out of all the baby clothes my my girls had in their first year. New follower from #thumpingthursday:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it and I love your colour choice. Dropping by via Madam Domesblissity :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and new follower from the Fab Friday Hop....
    Deborah
    www.threedawgladydesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I would love to learn how to make a quilt!!! Just divine.

    www.themultitaskingmummy.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful! I appreciate anyone who can quilt, because I am awful at it! :) Fabulous colors too!
    Best-
    Kim @ Two Ten

    ReplyDelete
  8. its beautiful! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This came out absolutely lovely!
    Visiting today from Super Sunday Sync.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very pretty! I think I will make one, if I can wrap my head around it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally love this! Chevrons are really popular right now but I am digging the herringbone! Pinning this and thank you for a great post! Krista @ http://ahandfulofeverything.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the quilt - so pretty. I'm so envious of those with the ability to quilt! I'd be thrilled if you'd link up at this week's Off the Hook!

    ReplyDelete